Tips for Handling Storm-Damaged Windows
Your windows protect you and your home from extreme weather like heavy rain or hail storms. It’s important to inspect them for damage after a weather event and for your safety, all repairs should be left to professionals.
Today, your local expert in hail damaged roof repair, Kat Construction, discusses what you should do if your windows have been damaged during a storm.
1. Document the Damage – Don’t move or touch damaged windows. Take photos of the damaged interior and exterior parts. The documentation will be handy in filing an insurance claim.
2. Safety First – Windows with shattered glass should be covered for safety.
3. Have Your Windows Inspected by Professionals – At KAT Construction, we offer a free, no-obligation inspection to assess your home for storm damage. Aside from handling your hail damage repair needs, we can also deal with your insurance on your behalf. We will assist your adjuster during their inspection to ensure proper documentation and estimates.
4. File Your Claim – Get in touch with your insurance provider immediately after your windows have been damaged in the storm. Some insurance companies have deadlines when it comes to filing claims. Organize all the documentation you need, submit photos of the damage and receipts of any expenses incurred due to the damage.
5. Address the Damage – Broken windows should be repaired or replaced for your safety and comfort. Your contractor will determine whether your windows will have to be repaired or replaced.
Choose a reliable company to handle your window repair or replacement, like KAT Construction. We offer a wide range of high-quality and energy-efficient replacement windows. You can also rely on us when it comes to hail damaged siding restoration. Call us at (612) 260-1144 or complete our online form for a free inspection. We serve homeowners in Duluth, St. Paul, and Rochester, MN.